Friday, March 01, 2013

Leadership that Impoverishes (2)

Moving forward into the future, I had break through the deadlock of upbringing. But I am just a lucky one; credits to parents, for they did what was within their reach, and credits to nature that made me see the light among the flock of my friends that, now buried, in grave, and under circumstances, who, then were the vanguard of truancy, herald of illiteracy, and conveyor of odd reasoning. Not all though, there are others with wonderful stories, yes, their circumstances were not much different from mine. Well, while most of us, myself inclusive, are yet to get a hold of any reasonable living, but, in my own assessment, anyone with education has not just a future, but a whole World lined up for exploration. Our settlement, to respect it a bit, I will say village but in actual sense, a hamlet was one, still is, one out of eighteen settlement under a village called Ogotun - the territorial headquarter - in Ekiti State is six miles away. There was our secondary school and we would trek that distance, we do get some jalopy that would cram us together, that would be our best of week.